quinta-feira, 13 de março de 2014

Revision 1: verb BE, wh- words, Simple Present



Exercises

1. Complete the text below with the correct form of the verb "to be":

Marcia __________ from Brazil. She __________ 25 years old and works as a secretary at ZLS Computers, in 
 Dublin. She __________ very communicative and has a lot of friends. Two of her best friends are Miguel and
 Pauline. Miguel __________  from Portugal. He __________ 27 years old. Pauline __________ a very funny French girl.
 She __________ 30 years old. Marcia and Miguel __________ single, but Pauline  __________. She  __________  married to a
 doctor. She says they  __________ very happy.
 Marcia says she wants to go back to Brazil, but she  __________  sure she __________ going to miss her friends.

2. Choose the right personal pronoun for the sentences below:

a. My name is Robert Fleck.  I / You / We am a firefighter.
b. Lucie isn't from Russia. He / She / They is from Brazil.
c. Alice and I are very thin! He/ They/ We are top models.
d. Elizabeth, Emily and John aren't thin. She/ They/ We  are kind of heavy.
e. Homer Simpson is Marge's husband. She / I / He and his family are from Springfield.
f. My doctor is from Germany. He / She / I is a very good doctor.
g. His friends are so strong. They / We / You are athletes.
h. Her name is Michelle. We / She / He is from Lyon, France.
i. Are Leslie and Fred football players? He / We / They are so tall!
j. Her classmates aren't from Japan. They / He / She are from China.

3) Put in What, Where, Why, When, How into the gaps and form meaningful questions. 

1) ___Who_______ do you like best?
2) __________ does Bill get up in the morning?
3) __________ don't you go by bus, Max?
4)  __________ hobbies does Andrew have?
5) __________ do they go to every week?
6) __________ old is Mike?
7) __________ is Susan's birthday?
8)  __________ are my exercise books?
9)  __________ are you doing at the moment, Sally?
10)  __________ do the Robinsons live?

4) Put in the verbs in brackets into the gaps. Use Simple Present. Watch the punctuation and form sentences or questions. 
Example:
He ____________ books (not/to read)

Answer:
He does not read books. 
Or He doesn't read books.

1) Anne ____________ my questions. (not/to answer)
2) ____________ they ____________ tomatoes in this shop? (to sell)
3) This girl ____________ trousers at school. (not/to wear)
4) ____________ Mr Barker ____________ Physics? (to teach)
5) The guinea pigs ____________ under the desk. (not/to hide)
6) ____________ Ken often ____________ the school bus? (to miss)
7) The poster ____________ on the wall anymore. (not/to hang)
8) ____________ for the tickets? (you/to pay)
9) The boys ____________ stones. (not/to throw)
10) ____________ the bells of your church still_________(to ring)

5) Put the correct verb forms into the gaps. Use Simple Present
Example: I swim - she _____

Answer: I swim - she swims

1) I sing – she ____________
2) I play – she ____________
3) I read – she ____________
4) I go – she ____________
5) I ask – she ____________
6) I carry – she ____________
7) I enjoy – she ____________
8) I wash – she ____________
9) I call – she ____________
10) I cry – she ____________



6)




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário